There to group of things:
- Goods. These are the good things about the implementation:
- I am adapting the same code I used some time ago in my own 3D API of Balloon Project. That is a good new for me :)
- The features are loaded "dynamically", not waits until the whole file is read, instead the reader process adds on the fly a new renderable object for each read feature.
- The implementation uses display list and the performance is pretty good.
- It allows read points, polygons and collection of geometries (I need to refresh the geometry hierarchy).
- You can specify the color, opacity and thickness of geometries. When some property that affects its visualization the display list is recreated.
- Bads. These are the bad new about the implementation.
- Polygon are not filled.
- You must to set the globe to a flat globe (vertical exaggeration equal zero). For the moment there are problems with the globe relieve.